Soup for the Soul
Ladies, do you find that when it comes to feasting on God’s Word, you’re doing more occasional snacking than feasting? If so, you are not alone. Research tells us that only about one-third of Americans read the Bible at least once a week. Our CUMC Women’s Ministry is excited about equipping women to change this trend and have adopted the theme Women in the Word for 2018. We want to encourage you to take the next step no matter where you are in your journey in the Bible. We find these are some of the most common reasons people give for not studying the Bible:
• I don’t think Bible study affects my life.
• I don’t know where to start.
• I start reading but lose interest.
• I don’t know how it relates to me.
• I don’t even know if the Bible is true.
• Who is God really? I’m not sure I can trust him.
• I don’t know how to study the Bible.
• I’m intimidated by the Bible.
• I don’t have time to study the Bible.
• I don’t make it a priority.
• It was written so long ago, I can’t understand it.
If you want to learn more about exciting and practical ways to read and study the Bible, we have an evening for you! Join us in the multipurpose room February 27, 6:00-8:00 p.m. for Soup for Your Soul. After a dinner of homemade soup and desserts, Dr. Cathy Baker and Lisa D’Andrea will lead us in a creative, engaging, and meaningful presentation that will help us become Women in the Word. They’ll help us identify the obstacles in our way and give us tools to chip away at them. You’ll get to “taste test” new ways to do daily devotions and to study the Bible. You’ll leave with a plan that will energize you and increase your appetite for feasting on God’s Word.
We anticipate a “sold out” event, so get your ticket today at the Info Desk. $5.00 per person and free childcare! Click the button below to register for childcare.
“Taste and see that the Lord is good.” Psalm 34:8